What is Chickpea?
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a type of legume. The most common type has a round shape and a beige color, but other varieties are black, green, or red. Their nutrients have various health benefits.
Source of Chickpea
Chickpeas is a high protein legume. Originally found in the Mediterranean and the Middle East, chickpeas have since have become popular in across the world. There are several varieties of chickpeas and a plethora of uses for them.
Chickpeas and Nutrition
- Chickpeas contain a moderate amount of calories and several vitamins and minerals. They are also a good source of fiber and protein.
- Chickpeas are high in protein and fiber, which makes them a filling food that may help lower appetite and reduce calorie intake.
- Chickpeas have many characteristics that may help prevent some chronic illnesses, including heart disease, and diabetes.
- As an excellent source of protein, which has a variety of health benefits, ranging from weight management to bone health.
Chickpeas are used for human consumption, and for animal feeding. They are a great choice for individuals who avoid animal products.
- Roasted chickpeas are spiced and eaten as a snack.
- Falafel is prepared by frying balls of chickpeas paste.
- Raw chickpeas are great for animal feeding s they have no adverse effects on livestock, allowing animals to grow and produce milk equally.
- Most commonly used in soups, stews, and chilies.
- Chickpeas can be consumed raw in the form of a salad.
- Chickpeas are commonly used in hummus, which is prepared but cooking them and then they are ground into a paste.
- Chickpeas may also be popped and eaten like popcorn.
Food manufacturers are the main consumers. Chickpeas most common forms are raw, canned, and ground.
- Food processing companies
- Animal feed producers
- Grain mills
Raw chickpeas are the most common type but we also offer ground chickpea powder upon request.
- Raw pure chickpeas of the highest quality and recently harvested.
- Powder form from of high quality seeds.
Specification Data Sheet
This Sudanese standard is formulated by the technical committee No.4 formed according to the administrative decree of the SSM0/1/A/Idated 18/8/01. It applies to Chickpea. On formulating this standard the committee has referred to international publications and works of Sudanese researchers on the subject.
Chickpea exporting process
- We pack our chickpeas in 40kg or 50 kg polypropylene (PP) bags.
- We load the 20 feet containers with up to 22 metric tons of the chickpeas.
- The minimum order quantity (20ft FCL) takes a period of 10 to 15 days to be onboard the vessel, this period varies depending on the quantity ordered.
- The port of loading is PORTSUDAN (SDPZU), with a possibility to re-export from other nearby ports in the Middle East.
- Lead time to reach the client’s destination port depends on the shipping lines used and the destination port. Usually, it takes between 2 to 8 weeks for the farthest destination.
- The H.S code for the Chickpea is 07132000 (*)
- Payment terms and documents provided along with the shipment are mentioned at the products main page **(please check)
- Sudanese chickpea is falling among the products which the US sanctions against Sudan has not exempted, therefore cannot be exported directly from PORTSUDAN to the US market unless obtaining a special OFAC license.
(*) Need to be confirmed form each country customs authorities.