What is Henna?
Lawsonia inermis, also known as henna is a flowering plant and the sole species of the genus Lawsonia. It is the source of the dye henna to dye skin, hair, fingernails, as well as fabrics including silk, wool, and leather.
Source of Henna
Historically, henna was used in the Arabian Peninsula, Indian subcontinent, Near and the Middle East, Carthage, other parts of North Africa and the Horn of Africa. Hennas most commonly used in times of celebration like wedding in most Middle Eastern and Indian counties.
Henna is traditionally used to dye skin, hair, nails, and fabric.
- Henna is used as a natural hair dye.
- Henna has been used as body art in many countries usually in times of celebration.
- Used to dye a lot of types of fabrics including silk, wool, and leather.
- Henna leaves have anti-fungal properties and can be applied to help cure fungi’s from the skin.
Many manufacturers of hair and skin products use henna in their products. Millions across the world use Henna as a beauty and cosmetic product for treating skin and body conditions.
- Hair care manufactures
- Skin care products manufactures
- Dye manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Natural extract companies
We offer two types of Henna mainly in raw leaves form and powder form
- Henna leaves this type is offered in one grade called the cleaned grade which is the standard grade.
- Powder form is as a finely grounded powder made from high-quality Henna leaves.
Specification Data Sheet
This Sudanese standard is formulated by the technical committee No.4 formed according to the administrative decree of the SSM0/1/A/Idated 18/8/01. It applies to Henna. On formulating this standard the committee has referred to international publications and works of Sudanese researchers on the subject.
Henna exporting process
- Our Henna is packed in 25kg or 50 kg poly propylene (PP) bags.
- We load 20 feet containers with 22 metric tons of Henna.
- The minimum order quantity (20ft FCL) takes a time period of 10 to 15 days to be on the vessel, this period varies depending on the quantity ordered.
- The port of use is PORTSUDAN (SDPZU), with a possibility to re-export from other nearby ports in the Middle East.
- Estimated time of delivery to desired port depends on the shipping lines used and the destination, usually varies between 2 to 8 weeks for farther destinations.
- The H.S code for the Henna is 32030040 (*)
- Payment documents are provided along with the shipment.
- Henna is falling among the products which the US sanctions against Sudan has not exempted, therefore cannot be exported directly from PORTSUDAN to the US market unless obtaining a special OFAC license.
(*) Need to be confirmed at each country customs authorities.